1. Introduction – We look at why Python is used and by whom, its strengths and its weaknesses.
2. Running Python programs – We learn about the Python Interpreter, Implementations .
3. Introducing Python Object Types – We take a quick look at Python’s built in Types.
4. Numeric Types – We look at numeric types, literals, conversions and floating point precision.
5. Sets and Booleans – We take a closer look at sets in Python 2.7 and 3.0 as well as Booleans.
6. Dynamic Typing – A closer look at Dynamic typing and how objects and their types are related
7. Strings – We look at String literals, operations and formatting.
8. Lists and Dictionaries – We take a closer look at Operations for these types.
9. Tuples – Conversions methods immutability and Tuples vs Lists.
10. Files – Opening reading and writing Files, text and binary modes, iterating over files.
11. More Python Syntax – We learn about Statements, Assignments, Expressions, and Prints
12. if – We learn about if, else and else if
13. while and for Loops – We learn about While and for Loops, continue and break with examples.
14. Iterations and Comprehensions – We learn about the Iteration protocol, List Comprehensions, Map, Reduce and Filter.
15. Documentation – We learn about the dir function, Docstrings and PyDoc
16. Function Basics – We learn how to declare and call functions with examples
17. Scopes – We learn the Scope Rules, Name resolution, builtins and Nested scopes
18. Arguments – We learn all about arguments , required, keyword arguments with multiple examples
19. Recursions and Lambdas – We learn the more advanced function programming concepts of recursions and lambdas
20. Modules: We learn how to create and import from Modules, the search Path for modules and the use of __init__.py files to create packagesAll this will be followed by sample programs and hands on practice on all above topics live with the trainer.